MGMA, in collaboration with NAPR, surveys its membership to obtain the most recent physician starting salary placement
compensation data. This is the fourth year of data collection and the third year of stand-alone publication for the Physician Placement
Starting Salary Survey report. The report provides accurate data on the range of physician placements to assist recruiters and health
care organizations in benchmarking salaries and other employment terms. The report also allows users to compare and learn more
about the factors affecting first-year placement compensation. All survey participants receive a complimentary copy of the Physician Placement Starting Salary Survey. Click Here to Participate
In this report you will find:
- Complete data on more than 4,000 physicians categorized by specialty;
- Data reported for signing bonuses and relocation expenses; and
- Information on first-year vacation and continuing medical education (CME) paid time off.
- A comparison of compensation and signing bonuses for residents/fellows versus established physicians.
- In the Key Findings, our relocation graph was broken out into an all physician graph, a first year out of residency or fellowship graph and an established physician in a new practice graph.
- This year the following specialties were introduced into the survey: family practice: ambulatory only; hospice/palliative care; hospitalist: family practice; hospitalist: pediatrics; hospitalist: internal medicine-pediatrics; hyperbaric wound care; internal medicine: ambulatory only and surgery: bariatric.
- Lastly, four new demographic tables were added: New Physician Hired Out of Residency or Fellowship, Size of Practice, Production Bonus and Relocation Expenses Paid.